Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jason Chan Interview

















1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write? 

All day, any time. :)


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?


I use both. Paper and pen to write ideas with, and the computer to make them coherent.


3: What do you draw inspiration from?


All over, really. The majority though, is from films and songs.


4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?


No, I don't. Sometimes, if I'm near the end of a chapter, I would make myself finish it, but other than that, I don't. 


5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?


I am self-published and I got the cover art from a very talented friend.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?


I love a good story, and how it could make you feel. For example, Titantic and Beauty and the Beast. They were sad, but filled with so much hope.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?


Yes, I own an AmazonKindle. 

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?


I might write love stories, but I love the casual, conversational writing style of Stephen King. I'm not normally a horror fan, but I like his kind of horror. I also think it's good to read outside of the genre you write in, just to take a break. I also love the beautiful prose of Anita Shreve and Alice Munro. Their spare prose makes their work so much better, and have certainly influenced my own writing.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?


They could be useful, but I don't make them.

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?


A song lyric. :)

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?


A love story, of course. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment