Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Travis Haselton Interview



1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

The ideal would be about mid day, that’s when my mind is going on and on with ideas. Problem is that’s when I am at work. So I do most of my writing in the evening when I am home.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I have started on paper before and found that I end up spending a lot of time re writing when I transfer it to the computer. Now I stick with my laptop.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Nature mostly. However I have drawn it from people I have seen just waliing around, something I have done at work, or my day dreams.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

No. I write what comes to me. Its about the story to me I have no worries about word count or size of the novel. The only exception is if I am intending to write a short story or a novel.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

Well I have a title published by a publisher but I plan on buying the rights back to that one and going the self publish route. My current project is a series of short stories that I am self publishing on various Ebook sights. Amazon Kindle, Goodreads. My cover art comes from pictures my wife takes. They are then photo shopped to the feal of the story

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

It’s more of a hobby. I figure I got my head in the clouds most of the time anyways I may as well put it in a book.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

I bought a Kindle for my wife. She loves it! She goes through 2 or 3 books a week, so it is noticeably cheaper than print and she can get them right on the device. It is great for heavy novel readers.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I absolutely love Louis Lamour. I also read some Eric Van Lustbager. Right now I am reading the Bowdrie series from Louis

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I have only seen a few, and yes I plan to make one. I will probably wait until I release this series as a whole. Then I can mix some footage into it from various points in the story and make it more compelling like a movie trailer.

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?

It just came to me really. I have always loved amnesia stories and I wanted something westernesque and its what I came up with.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

The next story in the series is currently in beta. The title is “PURSUIT THROUGH THE MOJAVE” I am really excited about this. It takes place in the desert I grew up in. The places the hero goes where basicly my backyard as I grew up.


http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4201446.Travis_Haselton



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your book, Travis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize anyone commented on this lol, thank you donna, the new one is out now bye the way.

    ReplyDelete