Sunday, August 21, 2011

A new 5 STAR review for my FREE book on Kindle





5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Weird, Disturbing, Awesome!August 21, 2011
By 
J. P. Wilson (Americus, GA USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Closing My Eyes Helps Me To See Clearly (Kindle Edition)
Look, I'm like many other Kindle readers, I'm suspicious of free books. I think if they're free, there's a good chance they may be poorly written, badly formatted, etc....Kipp Poe totally changed my mind with this collection of two shorts and two novel samples. I noticed a one star review on the book, and I think the reason why that reviewer disliked the book is the reason I enjoyed it. 
Yes, the book is very dark. 
Let me discuss "Gas For Grass" first. This is splatter punk to the ninth degree. A bloody mix of gore and erotica, I can't help but be reminded of Richard Laymon's work. I don't want to give anything away, but there's a cool scene with a weed whacker. Pick up the "free" book if you'd like to know more. And yes, you will want to know more. Guaranteed awesomeness. Be aware that this story contains adult content. 
Okay, let's look at the first tale, "Closing My Eyes Helps Me See Clearly." This is an almost about face from "Gas For Grass." In this short, nothing is what it seems. Yes, this is a weird one, but it's a good one. I'm reminded of L. Ron Hubbard before he turned to Scientology. A man wakes up in a place where solids become liquids and everything is out of place, out of character. I can't go into this one any more. There is a surprise twist. You'll enjoy it if you've read L. Ron Hubbard's older works or enjoy bizarro or science fiction. 
The novel samples were also awesome! I'm going to read both complete novels as soon as I can and review them. Pick this guy up, he's something new and knows how to tell a tale. 
I'm reading more of his work right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment