Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jenny Hilborne Interview





1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

Morning. Unfortunately, I’m on the road at 5.30am and don’t return for a full 12 hours, so I guess the only time I’m productive is at the weekends J

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?
99% on the computer. I jot down ideas when I’m away from my laptop because I have a terrible memory.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

I don’t really draw from anyone. I love writing so much I’m always motivated to write. My goal of becoming a full-time writer drives me.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

No goals. I just write what comes and don’t freak out if I have a slow day, or even a couple of slow days. I don’t always have much time during the week to write. On the days when I do have the time, I catch up. Once I get going, it usually flows in a steady stream.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

I’m published by Echelon Press. They are responsible for my fabulous cover art. I can’t take any credit for it.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

Writing chose me. It just feels natural.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

I own a K2 and I sometimes read on my Mac. I’m about 99% into eBooks right now.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I mostly enjoy reading mysteries and thrillers by a variety of authors. Favorites include Sandra Brown and Sidney Sheldon. Lately, I’ve been reading books by emerging indie authors and recently read some fantastic new novels, including The Innocent, by Vincent Zandri and The Scavengers Daughter, by Mike McIntyre. I’m also reading books by newer authors to review.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I have a book trailer for Madness and Murder on YouTube. I have nothing against them, although I’m far more likely to buy a book from a recommendation or a gripping write-up than from watching a trailer.

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?
 The title was easy. My story is about Madness and Murder. Initially, I chose Madness, Murder and Mayhem but it seemed too much of a mouthful, so I dropped the mayhem, although there is plenty of mayhem between the pages.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

My 2nd suspense, No Alibi, is due out on April 15th with Echelon Press and I just finished my 3rd novel, a mystery called Hide and Seek. Currently, I’m working on Fatal Fury, my 4th novel. This one is set in England, my homeland. I’m in the early stages of this book and excited to see it develop.


 http://JFHilborne.com
http://jfhilborne.wordpress.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment