Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kavita Nalawde Interview






In an ideal arranged marriage, parents choose partners for their children; boy and girl get married, have kids and live happily. However, things are much more complicated in real life.

Ria is married to Sunil. She feels that her existence is boring and routine but then suddenly things take a different turn when she starts getting strange clues about Sunil’s life.

She has two very special friends Geeta and Ryan who she meets every Thursday in a cafe. They both are victims of circumstances and had to overcome a lot of hurdles in the past to reach where they are now. They think that they have seen it all but destiny changes their path and they come face to face with their inner reservations.

Will these friends be able to cope with what life has to offer?





1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?
I am a morning person and normally start writing at 9.00 in the morning till lunchtime.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?
A long time back I did write on pen and paper but it’s a thing of the past. Nowadays it’s the computer. However, I always keep a notepad in my handbag to write down the ideas that come to mind in unusual places like a car-park, supermarket or the beach.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from life and the events that actually change destinies.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?
I do have a particular word count in mind when I start but every day is different. It’s like a flow once you start then it’s really difficult to stop.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?
I am a self published author and my husband helped me in designing the cover. The Mangal Sutra on the cover page is a wedding chain of black and golden beads that married women across India wear as a symbol of their marriage.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?
I don’t think I ever wanted to be anything else apart from a writer right from a very early age.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?
Yes, my husband gifted me a Kindle for Christmas and I have discovered some very wonderful authors since then. I now feel I would have missed so much if it was not for Amazon Kindle.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and what are you reading now?
My all time favorite is the Premchand. He wrote a number of short stories in Hindi that have been translated in English and Russian. The stories were simple but left a great impact on the mind. I still remember his words that I had read many moons back. I also like Agatha Christie and Chetan Bhagat.
I am currently reading ‘The Girl on the swing’ by Ali Cooper.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?
Book trailers are a good way to promote books. I haven’t planned any currently but I have kept that chapter open for the future.

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?
The title came in my mind at the same time as I thought about the story. My book ‘Coffee @ 4:00’ is a story of three friends who meet at a cafĂ© every Thursday at 4:00. All three of them are completely different from each other but there is an unspoken bond that binds them together. I feel that many people who read this book would feel some resemblance in their life as well.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?
I am writing my second book and will post details about it on my website www.kavitanalawde.com in a few days.






No comments:

Post a Comment