Thursday, April 28, 2011

German Aleala Interview



 musical novel of death, love, and crime. In a small town two teenagers fall in love, but hide their feelings from each other in doubt. A father with a twisted past abuses his son. a frightened boy commits suicide, and a psychopathy ensues taking families and many victims in this thrilling story of horrific rape, suicide, murder, homosexuality, drug abuse, barbaric incest, insanity, and matricide 



1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

All day. I don’t have a certain productivity moment. If I have to be in school I write in my journal, and if I’m at home all hours of the day can be best spent writing. The most productive hour is any time after 5 o clock. After 5 I buckle down and try to work for about four hours even if it sucks, and will all be edited out later I think it’s all good time spent on honing the little talent I’ve got. For my newest book “Swing: A Pyschopathy” my most productive time was maybe 10  in the morning when I had already been working a few hours and I was in the zone.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I’m very impulsive on where I write things. Most projects start on paper then move to the computer then stay there, and kind go in and out in a messy fashion. Poetry is usually all on the computer or all on paper, because I never do well by moving it from paper to computer then continuing it on the computer. While writing “Swing: A Pyschopathy” I would write about two hours into my journal then do about three hours on my computer during which I would type the day’s writing, edit it, and expand it.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Everything. The world inspires my poetry, and my writing is inspired by any writer I see who can write a book, and then show it to people. I think literature is beautiful, and all writers inspire me. Writing “Swing: A Pyschopathy” I was inspired by my friend who knew all about the subjects I wrote about, and whatever he didn’t know I did know, so, he sparked my memory. I was also very depressed at the time which fueled me.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?
No, I don’t like setting goals, because I either do a bad job to complete them, or I feel bad when I can’t. When writing “Swing: A Pyschopathy” I did set the goal of 2,000 words a day which was because that’s the number of words I did the first day I sat down to write the book.


5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?
I’m a self-published author, and I plan on being traditionally published very soon. My cover art is all done very childishly. I use Paint, and just put words over it, but I make like five different covers for each book, because I am a perfectionist despite my attempt at childish covers. Swing: A Pyschopathy’s book cover is the least childish cover ever. It is a picture that my sister took with me at the park with her expensive camera, and then I made it grey to match the sadness in the book along with my favorite font as the title.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?
Ask that to six year old German, because I have no idea. I have always wanted to be a writer, and it’s probably the same thing that inspires me which is all writers who can write a book, and leave parts of themselves behind them for people to faun over even in their death.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?
Yes, a Barnes and Noble Nook which is as broke as I am. That’s an exaggeration it just has a crack under one of the arrows which came when I dropped it from my bed once that I fell asleep reading it.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?
Jackie Collins, Edgar Allan Poe, Dan Brown, and Maya Angelou leave me in the Lost Island with a box of their books, and I will live! Right now I should be reading the “Lost Symbol” by Dan Brown, but in my strangeness I’ve taken to non-fiction history books the last couple of weeks.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?
I think they’re a great way to promote a book, and I would like to have one out. Right now I don’t have any plans, because any trailer for “Swing: A Pyschopathy” would surely be banned from any video sharing site.

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?
Well, the book is based off a poem of the same name: Swing. I added “A Pyschopathy” to describe exactly what is inside the book, because after reading the definition for Pyschopathy “Mental illness or disorder” I didn’t think a better title could exist.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

Right now I’m working on a few short stories that will follow the release of Swing, and jotting down the plans for one of six or seven poetry collections to come after the short stories, but that is no time soon. After that, I’ll just be publishing books while I work on a book that’s been cooking for four years, and then start making grabs for a literary agent in the summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment