Saturday, April 16, 2011

Holly Hood Interview




Holly Hood Interview Questions
Author of Wingless Book Series
And Heart of Gypsies

1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?
The most productive time of day for me is anytime I am able. I am a mother of three young kids, so I have to find ways to squeeze writing in when I see fit.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?
Everything that I do is on the computer; I tend to go back and forth between my desktop and laptop. I have a writing journal that I jot ideas in, that way I don’t lose them.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from life, be it the news, television, music, movies or even my own. Or just me daydreaming, sometimes I get inspired when I am sleeping. It just depends, one big reason behind my stories are emotions for sure. I like to make the reader feel exactly what the characters do. If I am moved then I am sure others are.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?
I don’t set goals other than trying to write once a day. I feel if I do that then I will keep moving forward.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?
I am a self published author. And I use my own ideas for my cover art. I always make the cover reflect the book, I choose from royalty free websites. And I enjoy making the covers myself; I think that is my artistic side. I used to love painting and drawing.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?
My imagination is what drives me. And my ability to create these fictional worlds, it’s what I love and it feels good doing it. Ever since I can remember I was daydreaming, and it got to a point I had to write it all out. I love being able to tell stories that others enjoy!

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?
 I have a tablet and on that, I use Kindle. I find it easier to read when I don’t have to go into the bookstores trying to decide. To me that’s a lot of pressure haha. And I would rather have a small contained place to keep all my books.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and what are you reading now?
Some of my favorite authors are Jim Carroll; he had an amazing way with words. Edgar Allan Poe because his writing haunted me the first time I had to read it. Shakespeare is pure beauty; I also admire Nicholas Sparks for his absolute brilliance. Zoe Winters for her wit and Jerry Spinelli for writing the book that shoved me into the reading world at nine. What book you ask? Maniac Magee of course. And Shel Silverstein because his books make everyone happy. Water for Elephants is what I am reading currently.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?
I think book trailers are awesome. And I do have a book trailer that I made recently for Wingless. The book series I wrote. I think book trailers are a great way to show potential readers your books. It’s a very creative way to do so; I have seen a lot of amazing book trailers out there.

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?
My latest book is called Heart of gypsies, and I came up with this title as soon as I got the idea. The story is about a young girl who is kidnapped by her deranged Aunt. She is on the run for ten years with her, so she considers herself a gypsy. The book’s title is fitting because it really shows you truly, what the main character is all about emotionally and mentally.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?
I am currently working on two projects. The first being the sixth book in the Wingless Book Series. I am probably 150 pages into it. And it’s a blast writing this one, I cannot wait for all my readers to get their hands (or ereaders) on this one. I also am finishing up a book called Road to Ruins; this is a book I wrote in third person. (Something I never tried before) It’s a murder mystery with a splash of dysfunction and romance. I hope to have the sixth book out in the next couple months. And I hope to finish Road to ruins in a couple of months as well.

Ways to reach me :
Amazon Author Page
Barnes And Noble
Facebook
Blogger
Website
Youtube Book Trailer



No comments:

Post a Comment