Sunday, July 11, 2010

Shelley Stout Interview



1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I work full time, so I must write on evenings and weekends.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I write everything on the computer, unless it's just to jot down a note or two on paper about a story idea.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Anything and everything. I might hear a news story on the radio, then create a whole new story line from it. Some times, I find inspiration from characters in someone else's book.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

I do not, unless I am writing an article, which has a pre-determined word count requirement.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

My first novel is both an ebook and a paperback. Neither are self-pubbed, but they are both from very small (but growing) publishers.

The cover art for the first novel was designed by a friend with graphic art experience. We used a stock photo of a tunnel, then did some Photoshop work on it.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

It's one of the few things I do with ease, and I enjoy being in the "zone" while I'm writing.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

Not at this time.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I tend to have favorite books rather than favorite authors, but one author I have enjoyed quite a lot is Ron Rash. Currently, I am reading "The Pillars of the Earth," by Ken Follett, but I wish I had more time to read it because it's captivating and extremely well-written.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I think they're great! My son and I were going to work on one for Radium Halos, but we haven't had the time.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I am working on the final revisions for my romantic comedy, soon to be released as an ebook. It's called, "Celebrities for Breakfast."




No comments:

Post a Comment