Monday, September 5, 2011

Paige Love-Rose Interview



1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I love to write at night or even midnight. Any time of the day while it is raining helps me focus. I don’t know what it is but those are the only times I am able to really sit down and let my imagination flow.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I always do paper first because you get to have the full effect. It’s like you are in the story and it plays out in your head like a movie.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Inspiration comes from everything. Real life, old stories I have heard, family and friends give me that extra lift that I need.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

No, not really. It just happens. If I set goals on whatever I’m writing it wouldn’t be fun to me. It would feel more like homework or a job.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

I am self published. The way I came up with the cover art is kind of weird. I love to collect masquerade mask, I have over fifty of them. So, I picked out one of my favorite mask and used it as the cover of my book. It’s plain but very dramatic.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

I didn’t pick writing as a career because I didn’t think of it that way. It was more of a hobby to me. I was a really quite little girl and it was so hard for people to get me talk. It’s funny, now that I look back at it. I wrote poetry to express myself.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

No, I don’t. I know it’s sad.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

Right now, at this point I am not reading anything because I’m trying to focus on school. If you hand me a book, I will read the book instead of doing my homework or studying. My all time favorite is Toni Morrison.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

Book trailers are cool. I actually made a book Trailer for “Beauty” but it was an Epic fail. Well, you are your own worst critic. Maybe it wasn’t that bad. I will definitely have a trailer for the next one.

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?

When “Beauty” was a short story, the main character’s name was Teisha Turttle. So, the title of the short story was “Tiesha”. Then later on I changed her name to Cleo, after my grandmother and it was
Cleo for a little while. My mother was the person who came up with “Beauty”, I think when you read the story line you will understand the title.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

Right now I stopped writing to the second book to “Beauty” which is “Lavender Sky”.  This is like a little break for me but in time I will start writing again to finish the Journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment