Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gregory Morrison Interview




1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

Defenetly Morning. I’d like to go to coffee shop take laptop with me order some coffee, or tea, or water and dive into words.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

My Iphone is helping me whit that. Usually I write ideas on the notes app or I just record it to Voice Memos and later licen and type it and add more.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

By walking a lot, loking around, meeting defferent people.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

If I have dead line, yes. If not, I can take as much time as I need. To be honest I prefer dead line, its keeps me going. I like finiched manuscripts,  more that stock in the middle.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

I’m self published author.  I have sponsors who have interest in my work. So its like half half, lets say J . Cover art – I have story in “Four D” called “Four Rooms” and character in the story sometimes looking for a key to the door. So at the end I come up with the hole idea with the door and and letter D in form of the key. And ofcorse CreatSpace helped me with book cover and editing  a lot.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

I just love it. I cant see myself doing not something creative. Plus it’s a good way to redeem your demons.  

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

Shame on me but no! Actually on my Iphone I have Kindle app, and I have couple of books there.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

Its so many J ! I like John Ornwell he is great in every sentense of his books. At the moment I’m reading The Art of War by Sun-Tzu.  I like to mix what I’m reading.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

Its good way to promote your book. Lets say free way whitch is always good. Yes I have two, my friend Olesya Opana is a film director so he offered me help. It took us two day to shoot first one, and one day to shoot second trailer. 

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?

Four D consists of four stories, so that why its Four, and D have multiple meaning  its can be dream, dead, and door, and dawn.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I’m working at the moment on second part of Four D, its gonna show how characters connected in the real way. It’ll surprise you, I promise.  And I just finish writing script for “The Principle of Luidgi”, and doing some editing.




Four D


No comments:

Post a Comment