Friday, April 20, 2012

Liz Grace Interview





Interview with Liz Grace Davis

1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I’m a night person. Many times the creative part of my brain just doesn’t seem to function during the day. I have tried waking up early before work, in order to get some writing done. For a while it worked, but then I decided that the last few hours of sleep in the mornings were just too delicious to give up. I get a lot done at night but unfortunately, as a result, I end up going to bed very late.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

It varies. Sometimes I start writing on paper but when I reach the stage where pens are running out of ink or I can’t find my writing pad. It all gets on my nerves and I pull out my laptop. In order to be able to write on paper, I need lots of writing pads lying around and a pen that doesn’t leak or doesn’t slow me down. There are some pens that are just too hard to write fast with. But I have to say, when I’m stuck at a certain point in my writing, I make notes on paper and usually it helps me get unstuck.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Anything and everything. The world we live in is such a great source of inspiration; magazines, a thunderstorm, music, my life…anything. For me, inspiration can strike anytime. I don’t go looking for it. I just start writing and when inspiration finds me, it’s such a gift.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

No, never, because I never meet my goals. I tend to get more done when I don’t have any goals hovering over my head, intimidating me. Maybe if I had deadlines, I would. As long as that isn’t the case, my only goal when I sit down to write is to just write as much as I can.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

I’m self published and my cover art is done by my wonderful cover artist, Tamra Westberry. She designed the covers of both my novels; Tangi’s Teardrops which is already published and my upcoming novel, Chocolate Aftertaste.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

The career chose me. Writing is just a part of who I am and has been for years. If I fall off the writing bandwagon for a while, I reach a point where I’m just not myself and feel almost a little depressed. When I start writing again, it’s always like having a refreshing glass of cold water on a hot summer day.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

If the kindle app on my iphone counts, then yes. For now, that’s all I use to read ebooks. But a kindle is at the top of my wish list.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

There are a lot of authors I like but in the list you’ll find Lesley Pearse, Jodi Picoult, Louise Bagshawe, and Jane Green. I’m currently reading Flawless (A pretty little liars novel) by Sara Shepard and Jodi Picoult’s Sing you home.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I love book trailers. I can’t say for sure whether they influence buying behavior, but I do love watching them and creating them. That’s why I’ve created book trailers for both my novels.
Here are the links if you’d like to see them.

Tangi’s Teardrops (A YA fantasy novel): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XOJlUn3VHc
Chocolate Aftertaste (A contemporary Romance):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIGUsL75OB0

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?

Chocolate Aftertaste is the title of my upcoming contemporary romance novel. The chocolate symbolizes the small town my main characters escapes to in order to find herself. The town is well known for having a large chocolate factory that produces great chocolate. Aftertaste symbolizes the consequences or traces left behind by the choices she comes to make while living in that particular town.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I’m currently finishing up with the edits of Chocolate Aftertaste. The novel will be available for purchase in March. In a nutshell, Chocolate Aftertaste is a story of choices and how they impact our lives. For years, Nora, my main character has allowed her controlling father to be the man behind the steering wheel of her life until one day she realizes he isn’t always right. She then decides she wants the control of her life back in her own hands. As a result, she risks losing the only family she has but stands to gain her freedom and hopefully find love.

Thank you so much, Kipp for featuring me on your blog today. I’m really honored to be here.

Amazon links



Blog






No comments:

Post a Comment