Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Brian Centrone Interview





1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

Usually it’s at night when there are no distractions.  Sometimes I can make the day time work for me as well.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I start my projects in my head.  I give them a good thinking before I put anything down.  Then it’s either on paper or on the computer, depending on which is more accessible.  I still like paper and pen though, I feel it’s freeing in a way the computer isn’t.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

All sorts really.   Sometimes life.  Sometimes other writings or art.  Every so often something bizarre or unusual will inspire me.  Not all of my inspirations become something fruitful though.  A lot of times they are ideas I think would be cool, but nothing substantial materializes.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

Never. I have friends that do, but I find that overwhelming. I don’t like to write for the sake of writing.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

I am published.  I’ve only appeared in anthologies to date so I don’t have a say in cover art.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

I think it chose me.  Anything in the arts would really have to have picked the person because deciding to make a career out of art is a very scary thing to do.  It’s plagued with hardships and uncertainties.  You have to really have that thing in you to make you want to go through with that kind of life.

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

NO.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

Jacqueline Susanne, Grace Metalious, Bret Easton-Ellis, Truman Capote, Brent Hartinger, Virginia Woolf, Christopher Rice, K. M. Soehnlein – oh there are quite a few. I feel like I am doing an injustice to those I haven’t listed.  I’m currently reading Jenn Ashworth’s A Kind of Intimacy.  I did my degree with her.  The book is very good.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

Those are relatively new aren’t they? I’ve seen a few. I like them. They make me think what the book would be like as a film though.  I haven’t really thought about making one for my book.  I guess I would have to, wouldn’t I?  Hmm.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

Right now I am prepping short stories and poems for submissions.  I am also working on editing my
Novel – that’s about all I can say.



No comments:

Post a Comment