Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Susan Hanniford Crowley Interview







1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write? 

SHC:  It changes.  I love writing around midnight or at dawn before the family's awake, but on weekends I write all day.  When the writing flows, I can write 10 pages in two hours.  

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

SHC:  Every project is different. A VAMPIRE FOR CHRISTMAS was written entirely on computer.  THE STORMY LOVE LIFE OF LAURA CORDELAIS started in a journal.  I collect journals and pens since I start so many with paper and pen and then halfway through move to the computer.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

SHC:  Dreams.  All my stories come from dreams.  Then I do a lot of research to augment them.  Some locales give me wonderful dreams.  The Outer Banks, North Carolina, is a great place. So are Mystic, Connecticut, and Battery Park in NYC. 

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

SHC: I want to write a least 1000 great words (5 pages) every day.  I'm happiest when I hit the 2000 mark.

5: What drove you to choose the career of being a writer?

SHC:  I believe writing chooses you.  I eat, sleep, and breathe writing.  If I cannot write, I become ill.  I started writing when I was eight and was first published when I was 16.  If someone is a writer, they cannot quit being a writer.  The form of writing may change, but they will always write.


6: Do you own an ebook reading device?

SHC:  I get PDFs so I can read them on my computer.  My novellas and novel are  I don't own an ereader yet.  I haven't decided on which to get.

7: Who are some of your favorite authors, and what are you reading now?

SHC:  There are a group of new authors (besides myself) in romance and urban fantasy that I really love -- Bianca D'Arc, Audra and Stella Price, and a.c. Mason.  Right now I'm reading the edits from my editor at Tease Publishing LLC and working to send back the revised edition.


8: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

SHC:  I have one on my website http://www.susanhannifordcrowley.com  for A VAMPIRE FOR CHRISTMAS and it's also on You Tube.  I have one that will come out when THE STORMY LOVE LIFE OF LAURA CORDELAIS (which is in ebook now) comes out in print.  

I think people enjoy them, and I have bought an ebook after seeing the trailer. 

9: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

SHC:  Since my books and novellas are part of my series called Vampires in Manhattan, I'm working on the sequel to WHEN LOVE SURVIVES, a scifi/fantasy/supernatural romance and the prequel to the series.  The sequel is titled VAMPIRE IN THE BASEMENT.  The story follows on what happens to Regina and Gregor when they leave New York to get married in Maine.  It focuses on Gregor's shapeshifter sister Lorraine and her quest for love.  It's going to be my first passionate romantic comedy. 
All my novellas and novels are tied into each other.  I love write about vampires, unusual and rare supernaturals, the vampire secret society in Manhattan, and humans with gifts.  They are all available at All Romance Ebooks http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-whenlovesurvives-362921-143.html

They are all also available at Fictionwise and other fine ebook stores.

I'm also preparing to go to a really magnificent romance convention.  So much to pack and so little time.  If you love romance, you really want to go to this.

Jacquelyn Frank Presents: Authors After Dark 2010: Romance Unlimited
Date: September 16-19 2010
Place: Harmon Meadow Holiday Inn, Secaucus NJ
Registration: $140 per attendee, includes 5 meals, 2 evening parties, panels and goodies, this price is good until June 17, 2010 at which time it raises to $150 per attendee.
Room rates: $109 a night double occupancy. Please make sure you mention “Authors After Dark” when making your reservation.  The reservation period for this room block is only good through August 17, 2010.
To make a reservation for the hotel, please call: 201.348.2000 or 800.HOLIDAY

It's going to be an all romance adventure of the maximum kind for romance booklovers.  
Here's some of the authors that will be there: Allie Boniface, Barbara Sheridan, Bronwyn Green, Bridget Midway, Bianca D'Arc, Cara North, Cardidad Pineiro, Carol Lynne, Cat Johnson, Cathy Clamp/Cat Adams, Celia Kyle, Diana Castilleja, Diane Merlin, Eliza Gayle, Elizabeth Darvill, Jacquelyn Frank, Jade Falconer, Jennifer Armintrout, Jessica Anderson, Joey W. Hill, JoLynne Valerie, Judi Fennell, K.A. Laity/C. Margery Kempe, Kayleigh Jamison, Kimberly Gardner, Kris Norris, K.T. Pinto, Laura Baumback, Leanna Renne Hieber, Leigh Ellwood, Liz Strange, MK Mancos, Mechele Armstrong, Mia Watts, Rita Sawyer, Rosemary Laurey, Samantha Sommersby, Selena Illyria, Skyler Grey, Sonya Bateman, Stella and Audra Price, Stephanie Julian, Susan Sizemore, Tilly Greene, and me   

One more thing:  I will give a small gift to anyone who walks up to me at Authors After Dark and says they read this interview (until my supply runs out). 

To know more about Susan Hanniford Crowley, visit her at:
Facebook:  Susan Hanniford Crowley






No comments:

Post a Comment