Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jess C Scott Interview











Interview with Jess C Scott

1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

Early in the morning, and late at night ;)

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I like to start the projects writing with paper and pen, then continue on the computer. The organized clutter of messy notes (recording the thought processing) inspires me to create some order/structure out of the “chaos.”

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Love, life, and everything in between.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

Yes, but I need to do an outline before anything else.

5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I create my own cover art. As Plato says, “necessity is the mother of invention.” I guess my sketching and doodling habit (which kicked in during my late teenage years) are being put to some use.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

An incomprehensible, overriding need to make sense of things—via the written word.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

Not right now, though I’m eyeing whatever Nokia’s coming up with.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

Favorite authors include Vladimir Nabokov, Roald Dahl, Oscar Wilde, Edgar Allan Poe, D. H. Lawrence, etc. I’m currently reading Melville’s Moby-Dick (for my last paper this semester), and Lawrence’s The Rainbow.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I think they can be a great visual representation of a book. I’ve made four for my first two books (they can be found in the links I’ve included below). I haven’t decided if I’m going to make one for future works. If I feel like it…

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

Porcelain is a collection of short stories, poems, and sketches I’ve just completed (thought it covers material done over the past 10 years/ my written + illustrative work). I’ll soon be working on the cover for The Intern (first in a contemporary, multicultural YA series; a teenage version of Dirty Dancing means Punk’d).

Author Website: http://www.jesscscott.com
Book01 / EyeLeash: http://eyeleash.wordpress.com
Book02 / 4:Play: http://missfey.blogspot.com
Book03 / The Devilin Fey ($0.99 para rom novella): http://wp.me/p42G0-lL
Book04 / Porcelain: http://wp.me/P42G0-l7

No comments:

Post a Comment