Sunday, November 28, 2010

Terri Reid Interview





1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write? 
Early in the morning and late in the evening are my best times - mostly because there are fewer interruptions during those hours.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer? 
When I finally write - it’s all on the computer, but I spend quite a bit of time formulating the story in my head. 

3: What do you draw inspiration from? 
I draw inspiration from everyday life - which might sound weird coming from someone who writes about ghosts. :) But, it’s in everyday life where you really find the heroes of the world. 

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count? 
Yes - I try to write at least 1,000 words a day - but when it’s crunch time, I often go up to 4,000 words a day.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art? 
I’m self- published novelist, but I’ve been published as a journalist and a magazine writer in national magazines. I love digital photography and have a background in marketing and advertising, so I create my own cover art.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer? 
I think writing chooses you. :) You have these stories in your head that eventually need to come out and be shared. I LOVE watching people read my stories - I love to hear people laugh out loud or tear up - it makes my day!

7: Do you own an ebook reading device? 
I use Kindle on my PC right now - I hope to get my own Kindle soon.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and what are you reading now? 
Right now, I’m reading Die Already. :) I have many favorite authors - Noel Hynd, Nora Roberts, Stephen King, Louisa May Alcott, Ray Bradbury, Christina Dodd, Jim Butcher, Karen Hawkins, and Dean Koontz.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any? 
I think book trailers are really cool, although I don’t know if we’ve discovered whether or not trailers generate more sales. I don’t have plan to create any trailers at this point - mostly because I like my readers to “see” my characters in their own minds, they way they imagine them - not the way I want to impose on them. 

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?
 Actually, my sixteen year-old son came up with the name. I was thinking of something else and there were too many books already with that name or a version of it - and he came up with “Good Tidings.” 

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about? 
Sure, I am working on a non-fiction “Everything” book, my third Mary O’Reilly book and a second PRCD (Paranormal Research and Containment Division) book. I’m trying to figure out a way to go without sleep for long periods of time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment