Sharing my love of Pulp books and magazines through Art and stories
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Calling All Writers Kindle Single Submission Page up
Anyone can submit original work to Kindle Singles. We've showcased writing from both new and established voices--from bestselling novelists to previously unpublished writers.
We're looking for compelling ideas expressed at their natural length--writing that doesn't easily fall into the conventional space limitations of magazines or print books. Kindle Singles are typically between 5,000 and 30,000 words.
A Kindle Single can be on any topic. So far we've posted fiction, essays, memoirs, reporting, personal narratives, and profiles, and we're expanding our selection every week. We're looking for high-quality writing, fresh and original ideas, and well-executed stories in all genres and subjects.
How to submit
We will consider ebooks recently published via Kindle Direct Publishing, manuscript submissions, or pitches.
• To nominate your self-published book, simply email us at email@example.com and include the title, ASIN, and a brief summary.
• If the work is not yet published, you can submit a manuscript or a detailed pitch for your Kindle Single. Send as much material as you have available to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and a writing sample.
• Writers or publishers wishing to propose an idea for a Kindle Single can write to our editors at email@example.com.
Each submission is carefully reviewed by our editors. Once your submission is received, we will read and respond within two weeks. If we are interested in your submission or pitch, we will provide you with further instructions on how to submit your title via Kindle Direct Publishing and any additional next steps.
Rights and Royalties
Accepted Kindle Singles are published using the Kindle Direct Publishing platform, which means that the author earns royalties on each sale. Kindle Singles must have list prices between $0.99 and $4.99, and authors can choose the 70% royalty option for their accepted titles, even when the list price is below $2.99. All otherTerms and Conditions of Kindle Direct Publishing will also apply to content sold as a Kindle Single.
Writers retain all rights to their work when accepted and published in Kindle Singles. We will consider Kindle Singles from authors, publishers, and agents, and you will need to confirm that you have the rights to publish the work you upload. If accepted, your Kindle Single must be made available in all territories where you have rights, so Kindle customers around the world have the option to purchase your title.
Like all Kindle books, Kindle Singles are buyable and readable across the entire Kindle family of devices, as well as on our Free Kindle Reading Apps (Kindle for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Mac, PC, BlackBerry, Android, etc.).
Kindle Singles Criteria
• Length: 5,000 to 30,000 words
• List price: $0.99 to $4.99
• Original work, not previously published in other formats or publications
• Self-contained work, not chapters excerpted from a longer work
• Not published on any public website in its entirety
• We are currently not accepting how-to manuals, public domain works, reference books, travel guides, or children's books.