Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Die Already is now FREE on Amazon

DIE ALREADY

My book Die Already is now FREE on Amazon

Meet Horace, he has a very unusual gift or what you may consider a very grim curse anything and everything that dies in his presence will not die. No matter how violent or brutal their death may be they do not die.
Die Already is the new tragic and disturbing love story. 


5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Krack That Will Blow Your Mind
It's not often that a storyline takes me completely by surprise. So I won't give this one away to ruin the impact. Kipp Poe Speicher's short story left me chilled. He entranced me right from the start and didn't let go until the very end, which will blew my mind. This is a story, which will definitely stay with me and reaffirms my admiration for the wonderfully twisted mind of Kipp Poe Speicher.


5.0 out of 5 stars Art of the perfect short story
Twisted, dark, but artfully rendered -- this is what a short story should be all about. I can certainly see Poe's influence on Mr. Kipp Poe Speicher's writing, which is really delightful (I've been a long-time Poe fan!). The end of the story was really fantastic, to conclude/embody the "dark romance" theme. Mr. Speicher's short stories are like hypnotic singles that you want to listen to, over and over -- I'm interested to see what a longer piece of work done by Mr. Speicher would read like. That being said, the short story genre/length suits him perfectly, and I'm grateful for witnessing Mr. Speicher's talent with a concise word count!


5.0 out of 5 stars Great Short Story
When I started this I didn't realize it was a short story. I finished it and was left wanting more. But that's a good thing, right? Well, I think it is. This is the first story I've read by this author and it won't be the last. The story is dark and disturbing, exactly what I think the author was going for.


Review by: John Davis on March 13, 2011 : star star star star
quick read of a good horror story. the cover artwork alone freaked me out, before i'd even BEGAN reading the actual story itself. recommended.



Review by: Tom Raimbault on Nov. 24, 2010 : star star star star star
Not only did the harsh title, Die Already, grab my attention; but the disturbing artwork for the cover further pulled me in. The art alone of his stories are certainly worth collecting as they create feelings of a strange uneasiness. Really, the cover of this story is simply a young lady with a terrible neck injury. But a deeper looks reveals a subconscious suggestion of so much more that can disturb us. To me, the young lady takes on the features of a warped, antique doll that also possesses the attributes of a child. Combining these three elements, I am immediately reminded of innocent, yet, damaged antique dolls that only wish to be burned—already dead and forgotten, just somehow remaining in existence.
But enough of the artwork! Reading the story affects me as I immediately realize that the narrator certainly does have a terrible curse. Throughout his accounts, I found myself wondering how such a curse would impact someone emotionally, mentally or socially. And these things are briefly discussed; his fear of being out or around crowds. It will make perfect sense when you read it.
Kipp does quite well in illustrating the horrible scenes, giving us a front-row seat into the possibility of creatures that cannot die no matter how traumatizing an injury might be. At one point, I recalled a horrible sight that I experienced on the road some years ago. Somehow that gruesome scene became part of the story for me.
Being a fan of Kipp Poe Speicher's writings, I'm beginning to notice a certain style or flavor to his stories. He likes to integrate serious injuries or fatal wounds to the already morbid circumstances.
Let me also mention that there was just no chance of a positive outcome for this dark tale. Some part of me struggled to maintain hope that the ending would have a splash of something positive. But no; the curse was so terrible!
I give this story a 5 star rating, and recommend it to anyone who is a fan of horror.

Tom Raimbault
Chicago, Illinois



DIE ALREADY

No comments:

Post a Comment