Sunday, March 27, 2011

Michael Harris Interview





1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?
The morning first thing.  After breakfast and coffee.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?
Always on the computer.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?
Non-fiction:  my own experiences (I wrote Always On Sunday after working on the Sullivan show for 11 years;  The Atomic Times after witnessing the H-Bomb tests during Operation Redwing).
Fiction:  People I know or know of and their experiences.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?
I write until I'm too exhausted to continue.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?
Published author who got the rights back and self-published.  Cover art:  I discuss it with my designer Stewart A. Williams (Pittsburgh) and then he goes to work.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?
Need.  Can't not write.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?
Not yet.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?
Elizabeth Trout.  Salinger.  Hemingway.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?
Good idea but not for me right now.

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?
The Atomic Times.  It was the name of the newspaper I edited during the H-Bomb tests.  The idea for the title came from an editor at a hardcover publishing house I didn’t sign with.  Fortunately.  The company went bankrupt.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?
Nothing I can talk about.



No comments:

Post a Comment