Monday, March 21, 2011

New Flash Fiction The Rot is now on Smashwords for FREE



https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/48559


Review by: Chantale Reve on Mar. 21, 2011 : star star star star star
I have just read "The Rot" and am absolutely chilled to the bone. With an economy of words but an expanse of compassion, Speicher keeps the reader of this cryptic tale in suspense until the end. Palpable, odorous, stifling and frightening, Speich's masterful flash fiction left me wobbly in the shoes of his everyman protagonist.
(review of free book)
Review by: Tom Raimbault on Mar. 21, 2011 : star star star star star
A hot-button topic has recently appeared in every day conversation, suggesting that our country's leaders may not be looking out for our best interest. Who hasn't come to this conclusion in recent times? It would appear that politicians and company CEOs, alike, have it their only objective to make obscene amounts of money--whether it be for personal use or campaign funds. How far will these leaders go to get exactly what they want? What sort of sacrifices can be made? To make this issue all-the-more angering, it would appear that it's the ordinary, everyday citizen who pays the bill and often receives one injustice after another in doing so.
Conspiracy theory: it's a topic that creators of horror fiction have suddenly embraced. We truly are fearful of those who lead this country. What if politicians could do something horrible, and do it to those who are in most need of help in this country, all for the sake of a personal gain?
When reading the first, few paragraphs of The Rot, I couldn't help but feel for those less fortunate than me. When waking up this morning, I heard nothing but peace and quiet in my house. I had hot water in my shower, and the plumbing didn't sputter and spray air for some moments before finally spiking cold water. I'll go so far as to say that my environment was nice and clean; and I had food in my refrigerator for breakfast. Is it any wonder that I had a sense of guilt while experiencing a small moment of the main character's day?
But his day was only going to get worse!
I give this story 5 stars. Kipp did a great job in embracing a new terror that disturbs and outrages us. Well done!

Tom Raimbault
Chicago, Illinois
(review of free book)
Review by: Bridget Squires on Mar. 21, 2011 : star star star star star
Wow!!! So so creepy. Love the end! Another fantastic tale by the talented Kipp
(review of free book)
Review by: Mark Stewart on Mar. 21, 2011 : star star star star star
Cleverly written. Enjoyable to read with a good twist at the end
(review of free book)

No comments:

Post a Comment