Sunday, March 20, 2011

Patrick Skelton Interview




1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?
I’m forced to work in the evenings because I work a fulltime day job as well.  Other than that, I really have no preference.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?
I keep a notebook with a rough outline of the story.  The rest of my writing time is spent plugging away on the computer.

3: What do you draw inspiration from? 
My stories are inspired by government corruption, secrecy and classic dystopian fiction:  1984, A Clockwork Orange, Brave New World.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?  I generally try to type two pages a day.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?
I am self-published through Kindle, Nook and Amazon.  The cover art is the result of months of sleepless nights! J

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?
 The thrill of sharing, writing and delivering ideas to the masses.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?
I don’t. I’m more of a paperback kind of guy.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now? As mentioned, I’m a big of classic dystopian fiction. George Orwell and Anthony Burgess are among my favorites.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any? 
I think book trailers are cool, though I’m not sure how effective they are at selling books. I do have one on You-Tube.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s6uvJ3gFrk

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?
My novel, The Device, is based on a mysterious object the main character discovers while hiking in Colorado.  Because the novel centers on the object, it only seemed fitting to title the novel “The Device”.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?
   No big plans at the present. I’m spending my free time promoting The Device.





http://www.amazon.com/The-Device-ebook/dp/B004LRP14S/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1298235274&sr=8-1

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Device/Patrick-Skelton/e/2940012136503/?itm=1&USRI=the+device

No comments:

Post a Comment