Thursday, May 20, 2010

Susanne O' Leary Interview


Interview with Susanne O' Leary

1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I usually write after lunch, a couple of hours into the afternoon. I seem to produce best at this time. (could be the blt going to my head)

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I'm always writing on the computer. Funny thing, when I look at the screen, it becomes a magic window through which I 'see' the story and the people in it.
3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Inspiration? It's usually something from my own life and background and then I sex it up so it's more interesting and exciting.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

I try to write a minimum of 1000 words a session. But I often write a lot more.

5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I go through photo websites, such as iphoto or Dreamstime and usually find a picture to suit. Then I ask my friend and cover designer to do the lettering.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

I became a writer by accident. I have had two non-fiction books published and then my editor suggested I try fiction. I then wrote my debut novel, which was published in Ireland and they were followed by three more. I self published my current novel, Swedish for Beginners- a novel after my agent had tried to sell it for over a year.

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

No, but I downloaded Kindle for PC, which is very good, I find.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

On of my favourite authors is Douglas Kennedy. I like David Baldacci too.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I think book trailers are great but a little difficult to achieve. Not sure if they really do sell more books.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

Right now, I'm co- writing a murder mystery with a former scriptwriter, who wrote some of the screenplays for the Wallander series.

No comments:

Post a Comment