Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tracey Alley Interview


Interview with Tracey Alley






1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?


Because I’m a bit of a night owl I get most of my work done at night, usually fairly late at night but if I’m struck by sudden inspiration I’ll write at any time.


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I actually start with pen and paper where I ‘diagram’ my idea, write out a rough sketch of the storyline, how I want certain characters to develop etc


3: What do you draw inspiration from?

Absolutely everything – sometimes it can be something as simple as the expression on a person’s face and it’ll give me an idea


4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

Yes and no – I like to do a minimum amount of words when I’m working but I’m not rigid about it, sometimes inspiration/creativity, or whatever it might be just isn’t working


5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I have absolutely zero artistic talent, couldn’t draw a straight line with a gun to my head so I did some research, put out some queries and found a brilliant illustrator who I really enjoy working with


6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

I’m not sure that you choose to be a writer. It could be just me but I’ve loved words for as long as I can remember and I honestly cannot remember a time when I didn’t feel driven to write so I’ve always thought of it as something you’re born with.


7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

Yes, a Kindle – it has saved more trees than I could possibly imagine, not to mention that my house is no longer filled with bookcases


8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I have so many favorites it’s hard to be only a few but I guess the main ones are Terry Pratchett, Katharine Kerr, Anne McCaffrey, James Rollins, Allan Folsom, Richard North Patterson, Ben Elton, Douglas Adams and Stephen King. At the moment I’m re-reading Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern series.


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

Still a bit ambiguous on the subject of book trailers and have no current plans to have any.


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

Finishing my ‘Witchcraft Wars’ series of fantasy novels, also working on a series of short stories – ‘History Tales of Kaynos’, which are background stories related to the Witchcraft Wars novels. Also working on a long-term non-fiction work on the subject of Christianity and religion in general.


http://www.amazon.com/Erichs-Plea-Witchcraft-Wars-ebook/dp/B003HS4V4S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1274657452&sr=1-1


http://www.amazon.com/Very-Hairy-Adventure-History-ebook/dp/B003LSSOYC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1274657747&sr=1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment