Sunday, September 26, 2010

Excerpt from Closing My Eyes Helps Me To See Clearly







As her eyes open wide, they burst and become pools of blue liquid.  She reaches her tiny mangled hand up and caresses my cheek.  As soon as I feel her hand upon my cheek, her skin turns to the liquid blue.  Suddenly, her whole arm fills with the blue liquid, filling up like a water balloon, and then bursts. 

The liquid fills the bottom of the elevator soaking my feet up to my ankles.  The blue solution continues to take over the rest of her body.  As each body part fills, it bursts, empties into the elevator to the point where I swim upwards to keep above it. The liquid takes over holding my breath, I scramble to reach the top, but it seems to move farther and farther away.  I look back down and the elevator seems to be nothing but a glimmer of light at the bottom of this watery blue shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment