Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kim Upstone Interview























1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I have two favorite writing times at 4:00am or 7:00pm. I seem to write more productively when I am tired and have not had caffeine. 

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I write with notebook paper and a pen but I write the width of the paper across the lines from edge to edge. I also instruct all my readers when journaling to do the same. I think for conventional thinkers it puts you a bit uncomfortable and forces you to think outside the box slightly. When writing from emotion it feels better than writing on a computer or on the lines.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?
I draw inspiration to write from my journey to finding “my everything” and I find purpose and passion in my life by helping others.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?
I do set goals, but I seldom can keep to them. I review what I accomplish in a week and take all things into account, looking at the sum of my life accomplishment as more of a measure of success than the number of pages. Although when I do start writing I usually write for a few hours. 

5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I know immediately the feeling I want to portray. I have three more books lined up to do in this series and I have the artwork already in my head.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?
I want everyone to have the opportunity for peace and happiness that resulted from the journey I took many years ago. I have so much to share that can change the lives of each person and that has become my purpose and passion for writing. 

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?
No. In fact I just wrote in my blog about how I am not sure I will ever be able to own one. I love books, I love how they feel in my hand, I remove the sleeve and they remain naked on my desk for me to enjoy. I asked for someone to invent a beautiful red book that a reader could slip in so I can maybe tolerate reading from one. For me a book is more than pages, it is a living piece of the writers soul. I don’t know if that comes through on a cold hard screen – at least for me. 


8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?
I love self help and motivational books. At this moment I am reading Jack Canfield’s “Success Principals” again

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I have a book trailer on my website and You tube. I also have 3 videos ready to be put up and 7 more to film on a number of different topics related to my book series.


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about? 
My second of the “All I Want is Everything” series is almost ready for editing and I have begun to write the  third. I write a blog each week as well as numerous articles so those along with promoting all my books keeps me pretty busy.


Genre: Self-Help/Women’s Issues
Publisher: Infinity Publishing
ISBN:0741458195


Bio
Kim is one of 9 children born to a business entrepreneur father (still living) and a housewife (deceased). She has been married 32 years to her husband, Doug, who is a sports writer. She has I has two children, Melissa who lives in Hawaii, and Brent who is married and lives in Tempe, AZ and his wife.  They are expecting their first child, Grace, in August. Kim and her husband care for her sister, Debbie (who is 5 years older than Kim). She has special needs and they have Frank, their 4 year old cocker spaniel!  They  moved to Arizona seven years ago to get away from the cold.
Kim Upstone is the owner of A New Day A New Vision which is not only the name of her company, but her life philosophy. Kim believes that each new day we can create a new vision for ourselves, home and environment. As an author, motivational speaker and intuitive designer she resides with her family in Scottsdale, Arizona. With a background in interior design and interest into the effects of environment upon individuals, accreditation in staging and feng shui soon followed. In addition, she has studied  neuro- architecture. Her first book Step by Step To Sold and Feng Shui to Sell are reflections of those principals. Both books were written as guide for home sellers looking to prepare their home by combining Feng Shui and Staging techniques.

Feng Shui for Special Needs, her second book, is given out as a free ebook for people with life and learning challenges. Based on her own personal experience, the books  help those who work with special needs children and adults to make enhancements to their environments all in an effort to allow them to flourish.

Her new book All I Want Is Everything released in December 2009 is drawn from her life’s journey of searching how to find her everything and learning to dance in the storm. All I Want Is Everything is a guide to help women reclaim happiness and peace in the search for their everything.
About Kim's Book in her own words:
What do you want from your life? Do you want to discover for yourself what your everything is and then be able to live each day of your life with happiness and joy no matter what the circumstances. Do you want to have each day a realization of the gift you have been given to be here. Do you want to creating for yourself  the vision of who you want to be?

I wanted everything too and from the outside, it appeared that I had everything, a loving husband and two beautiful healthy children and strong faith. I have great house and all the things that go along with it. But even with all of those things I still felt something was missing. There was piece to the puzzle I needed to find. If I could locate that missing part I would then be complete and happy. 

My search lead me to look in many different directions, mostly outside of myself for the answers. It wasn’t until out of desperation I asked for guidance and received it that I learned all the answers were all within me waiting to be discovered.

All I Want Is Everything, A Guide to Love, Peace and Happiness is my journey to find my everything. What I found was so much more than I could have ever hoped for. They were the questions that lead me to the answers only I could answer. What I have created is a guide for your journey. Questions for you to answer that will lead you to your everything.  You too can discover the secrets hidden safely, waiting inside for you to choose to bring them into the light.


Website
Kim's book is also for purchase on her website. Kim will give a donation for each book purchased to Global Orphans Project.




No comments:

Post a Comment