Saturday, January 1, 2011

George Everyman Interview




1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I have to write during the morning at work or on the weekends because if my wife found out that I was writing about our personal life, it would be very bad indeed for me.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

It’s all on the computer. Hopefully no one I know will ever find anything I wrote.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

My personal life and what I observe in other people’s relationships.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

No, not at all. In fact I had no intention of writing a book. It just happened.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

Self published, and the cover art was simple, just like me.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

It’s not a career. It’s an obsession..

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

Yes, my wife bought me a Kindle for Christmas. I wonder if she knows that I secretly look at the book I wrote using it? I have to be sure to delete the book before I turn off the Kindle each time.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I love chick lit books such as “Love the One You’re With” by Emily Giffin, even though men reading chick lit seems very unmanly and suspect, at best. I have no idea why my wife doesn’t question why I read them since I leave them in plain sight. I’m guessing that as long as I cook her dinner and clean the dishes, she could care less what I read.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I really hate to admit it, but I have have no idea what book trailers are. Isn’t that pathetic? I guess that makes me a rank amateur when it comes to writing. But in a strange way, I like not knowing anything about the process. 

10: How did you come up with the title of your latest book?

My name is George and I’m a married white male, 52.

11: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

My superbrain is no doubt working on something, but it rarely gives me any information until it is finished with the project and then it just kind of tells me to start typing. I am constantly amazed at how smart it is. I learned a long time ago to just go along with what it dishes out because it's so much more profound that anything I could conjure up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment