Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mike Jastrzebski Interview




1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

a) In the morning-I typically write between 9a.m. and noon.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

a)     I do all of my writing on the computer, but I make notes and corrections by pen.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?
a)     Other writers

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

a)     I set a 3-5 page goal

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

a)     I am self-published. Because I am not published I paid a friend, Vicki Landis, to do my covers.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

a)     It’s all I’ve ever wanted since I was twelve years old.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

a)     Yes, a Kindle. I was an early adapter and had to wait nearly 8 weeks for delivery.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

a)     All time favorite, John. D. MacDonald. Also, Lee Child, Michael Connelly, James W. Hall, Randy Wayne White. I am currently reading Hostage Zero by John Gilstrap.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

a)     I am not planning to make one, I have watched some and none have made me want to go out and buy a book.  

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

a)     I have two books in a series about an ex-P.I. living on a sailboat that I am rewriting. The first book, Key Lime Blues, is set in Key West and will be available on Kindle in late August. The second book, Dog River Blues, is set on Mobile Bay and will be available in December.  


1 comment: