Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bridget Stegman Interview




1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

Morning and late at night (when it is quiet)

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

All computer!   It is not a pretty process.  I also go back and revise, revise, revise.  I put little '*' all over the place to remind me to complete my thoughts, because I jump around.  I'd have to say I'm a little ADD when I write.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

I draw inspiration from my life and my job!

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

Since I've just been writing short stories, I don't really worry too much about word count.  I do set deadlines, to keep the process moving.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art? 

 I am a self-published author.  I do my own covers.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

My a teacher by day and I love my job, which is probably a good thing, because I couldn't make a living selling books.  I also enjoy telling stories, and writing is a great way to share stories with people.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

I do not own a Kindle or a Nook, however I use Kindle for the iPhone.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors? What are you reading now?

Sheri Reynolds, Khaled Hosseini, Sara Gruen, Sandra Dallas are some of my favorites.  I also enjoy James Patterson, Janet Evanovich and John Grisham for quick reads.
Right now I am reading Whiter Than Snow by Sandra Dallas


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any? 

 Honestly, I have no idea what a book trailer is!  If it is like a movie trailer, I don’t see that happening in the near future.  Putting a cover together was challenging enough!

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I am working on another collection of short stories, featuring Maggie Mortin.  This time the short stories take place during the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment