Thursday, July 29, 2010

Diane Griffin Interview








Bio:    Diane Griffin, President and owner of Security First & Associates, says her motivation for writing Everything You Wanted to Know About the Security Clearance Process, But Are Afraid To Ask: Professional Guidance for Obtaining and Maintaining a Security Clearance came from the more than two decades of people she has assisted, both in her role as a private security contractor, and as the head of personnel or security within major governmental contractors, in finding their way through the complicated security clearance chain. 

Synopsis: If you have plenty of time to click around through myriad government websites and the patience to cut through red tape and make sense of confusing bureaucratic talk, you may be able to find some of the answers to your questions about the security clearance process,” Griffin says. “Chances are, however, that you will still be left with some of your questions unanswered, because there are some questions that the government just doesn’t address. So, unless you know someone who is well acquainted with the process from a first-hand perspective, good luck.
What I sought to do was compile all of these answers into one easy-to-read compendium of advice and guidance, giving my readers signposts along the way to assist them in navigating through the clearance process. I believe I’ve come up with a volume that will greatly help its users, and being able to assist folks in working through this process is extremely gratifying to me.” GROUNDBREAKING SECURITY CLEARANCE EBOOK A ONE-STOP KNOWLEDGEBASE FOR THOSE CONFUSED BY THE SECURITY CLEARANCE PROCESS.





Everything You Need to Know About the Security Clearance Process, But Are Afraid to Ask is now available for $19.95, from my website, amazon & lulu.


1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

  I like to write late at night, after everyone has gone to sleep.  I am up all night!

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

 I start my writing project on the computer.  Print it out, review it and then make the changes again on the computer.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

 For this book, it was drawn from my experience in working in the Defense industry.  I was asked the same question repeatedly and I thought it this would  be a great  book topic for those interested in obtaining a security clearance.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

  No, I just went with the flow.  I did create an outline in the beginning, so that I would not veer to far off the subject.

5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

  I researched it and found someone on line to do the cover.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

 I must say that I would love to have a full time career as a writer, but unfortunately, I have not sold enough books to maintain my dream job, so until that happens, I have a small security consulting company called Security First & Assoc.  We help small to medium size defense contractors to understand the rule and regulations of having a classified contract with the U.S. Government.

7: Do you own an eBook reading devise?

 No, I do not, but I sell the ebook on Kindle and Smashwords.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and what are you reading now?

 I love the author Danielle Steel.  Most of her books are about beautiful people finding other beautiful people and people overcoming adversity.


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I would love to have a book trailer; I will have to check with my virtual assistant,  Janis Friesler, she keeps me straight and she also does book trailer videos.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

 I have three books in the works, One is can cancer be cured by alternative medicines, the other is about Work Place Violence and lastly about parents learning the meaning of the text codes that their children are currently using.

I told earlier that I never sleep. ……………………..



No comments:

Post a Comment