Friday, July 23, 2010

Jonathan Sturak Interview



Author: Jonathan Sturak

Book title: “Clouded Rainbow”

Genre: thriller

Amazon book website:

Author website:

Twitter:
@jsturak

Facebook:
“Jonathan Sturak”

1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

For me, I enjoy writing at night when the darkness masks all distractions and allows me and the page to flow as one.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I am mostly all digital. With that said, back-ups are imperative.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

I draw inspiration from the world around me. I currently live in Las Vegas. I like to start with a character, a person who breaths, who moves, and who has flaws. Then, I put this person into a strange situation to see where he or she ends up.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?

Yes. I like to focus on word count and set realistic daily goals.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?

I am published by an independent publisher. My cover art comes from independent artists.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?

I think the characters that I create drive me to write. Each one wants to live through the words that I write.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?

I own an iPod touch. I think ebooks are convenient and make shopping for books by genre, author, or idea as simple as searching by tags. Try doing that in a traditional bookstore.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

My favorite authors are Paul Bowles, Bret Easton Ellis, Patricia Highsmith. I am currently reading Blue Vegas by P Moss.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I think book trailers are a great idea to capture an audience that relies more on pictures than words to make a book buying decision. I am a film school grad so producing a book trailer is something that intrigues me. I shot an introduction and reading of my new romantic thriller novel “Clouded Rainbow.”


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I’m finishing up a titillating tale about the shadows of Las Vegas. For updates, find me on Facebook or Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment