Sunday, July 25, 2010

Charlotte Hawkins




1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?
I work a 3rd shift job and I get home around 7 AM, so that’s the most peaceful time of the day for me.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?
I usually start with paper and pen.  It seems my ideas flow so much better that way.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?
I watch people and study them. The things that people say and do can be incredibly inspirational, even if they’re doing something bad. That’s when you can get some really good ideas.

4: Do you set goals for yourself when you sit down to write such as word count?
No, because I don’t like to set limits. I just keep writing until I’m satisfied.

5: Are you a published or a self published author and how do you come up with your cover art?
I’m self-published.  I try to make sure that my cover art is not just a random picture…that it tells the reader a little of what they might find inside.

6: What drives you to choose the career of being a writer?
I’ve been writing since I was little.  I have this wild urge to tell tales, even if no one is interested in hearing them. I think writing is a beautiful form of self-expression.

7: Do you own an ebook reading device?
Not yet.  I have to save the money for one.  I’m hoping to get one soon.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and what are you reading now?
My favorite author is Charlotte Bronte.  I also love Edgar Allen Poe.  I don’t have much time to read right now, as I’m in the middle of writing another book.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?
I don’t know much about them, but friends have been talking about them a lot, so maybe I should give it a look.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?
I’m working on a sequel to “The Tempest.”  In that book, Guy of Gisborne is the main character. This new story is about one of his daughters. I can’t say too much because I’m still working on the plot, but I think it will have a lot of excitement, and certainly a lot of romance.



No comments:

Post a Comment