Friday, July 23, 2010

Mike Dolan Interview







Mike Dolan
A Pecunious Life - How to Have a Life Abounding in True Wealth

Genre: Self-Help
Publisher: Infinity Publishing
ISBN:0741458195
Mike was born in the mile-high city of Denver, Colorado 43 years ago. He has lived all around this beautiful world of ours, from Europe to Alaska, to his current home in the Middle East. His education is that of the experiences life gives and school is far from being out for him. He is a lover of life, a life adventurist. He loves to travel, meet new people, and experience new cultures. He has been given a great opportunity to see life in a different light and wishes to share this with you.
Kipp's Interview Questions

1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

For me writing early in the morning in a sun drenched window is the best place to be. The house is quiet and most of the time my mind is still empty of “other “distracting thoughts which allows me to let the writing flow. I get my pot of coffee going, gather my pad of paper and half dozen different colored pens and I just start with what comes to mind and go from there

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I get my pot of coffee going, gather my pad of paper and half dozen different colored pens and I just start with what comes to mind and go from there


3: What do you draw inspiration from?

My inspiration comes from my the experiences of my past, my travels, my determination to live every day of my life to its fullest and to inspire as many people as I can do the same.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

Nike’s slogan comes to mind..., “Just Do It!” Don’t worry about the rules, don’t worry about what people say, don’t worry about anything, just write from your soul. Let all the details work themselves out. If you don’t know how to do something the only way to know how is to “Just Do It.” Don’t let the fear of failure get in your way, everyone that is successful has fail.., everyone... It’s the way you look at things that will determine where you will go in life... Are there boulders that stand in your way or are they stepping stones to the life you wish to live, if you want the life of your dreams then you already know the answer...


5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I wanted the cover art to be as simple as possible.  I am a minimalist and I wanted the art to reflect this.Living in Asia, I have the greatest respect for other cultures.  I chose, the color blue for my book cover because blue according to Feng Shui has yin energy. It is calm and soothing. This color has great significance in Feng Shui as it reflects love as it heals and relaxes. Blue creates a feeling of peace and trust. Since it is the color of the sea and sky, Feng Shui associates it with adventure and exploration. Navy blue is the color of intellect and wisdom.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

It’s always been a goal of mine to write a book, but couldn’t find a direction until I just started writing and going with the flow. I’ve been writing for ten years mostly in journals I have kept. This is my first published work though and I am excited about reaching this milestone I set for myself.

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

Not at this time. 

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I've always been an avid reader, but I've always preferred reading to learn something as opposed to just reading for entertainment. In this pursuit I started to read about Leonardo DaVinci, Nikola Tesla, Steven Hawking, and others. I was reading Napoleon Hill, Norman Vincent Peale, Wayne Dryer, Deepak Copra.  Right now I am reading: David Hawkins Power Vs. Force.
 


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I think video book trailers are great.  They work for movies so why not books.  I do not have one yet, but I plan to have one made soon.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I’m in the final steps of finishing another book as I write this. I would like to continue to write in a way that will help people find their dreams, find their true calling in life and become a positive energy for those around them.


Review
The book A Pecunious Life written by Author Mike Dolan has great advice for improving ones life, not only does the author write details of how to become more wealthy, but he incorporates his own experiences which are woven into lessons of life quality. Learning from the past, learning from mistakes, learning from beliefs or mis-beliefs, life-altering events, and exercises where the author asks you to sit in a quiet place and reflect on the lessons given. 

The book is not really about becoming wealthy in the money sense, but wealthy in the spiritual and happiness sense. Could we be happy with less? Happiness is a state of mind- 

I found this educational and easy to read and recommend it to adults in need of self-hep, spiritual guides, and for people who need a better life than they have right now. 

Reviewed by Ami Blackwelder 
A Pecunious Life can be purchased on Mike's website or at Amazon:
http://www.mike-dolan.com




img style="visibility:hidden;width:0px;height:0px;" border=0 width=0 height=0 src="http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.11NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyNzcyMTM3NzQxNjMmcHQ9MTI3NzIxMzc3NjAzOSZwPTQ1NTkzMiZkPSZnPTEmb2Y9MA==.gif" />

No comments:

Post a Comment