Saturday, May 15, 2010

D. B. Henson Interview

Interview with D.B. Henson


1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

I'm a night owl. I enjoy writing in the evening when all my other work is done and the house is quiet. I often work until the wee hours of the morning.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

All my writing is done on the computer.

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

From everywhere. Events that happen in my everyday life. I'm always wondering 'what if'.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

I write in scenes. When I sit down, I have an idea in mind of how long a chapter should be and how many scenes it should take to tell that particular part of the story. My goal each day is to write a certain number of scenes.

5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I want my covers to give the reader a sense of what the book is about. For Deed To Death, which is set in a suburb of Nashville, TN, I used the Nashville skyline as a background. In the foreground, I included a bloody knife which also plays into the storyline. I like taking my own digital pictures and putting the covers together in Photoshop.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

I have been writing all my life. Mostly for my own enjoyment. I can't imagine not writing.

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

I own a Kindle 2.

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

My favorite authors are Harlan Coben, Tess Gerritsen, and Greg Iles. I just purchased Caught by Harlan Coben and plan to begin reading it in the next few days.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I have seen some really good book trailers lately. I plan to make one of my own soon.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I'm currently writing the first book in a new mystery series. That's all I can tell you for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment