Sunday, May 16, 2010

Maria Rachel Hooley Interview


Interview with Maria Rachel Hooley

1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?


Usually night is more productive. I think it has to do with a quiet house.


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?


I use whatever is handy when the idea hits. I’m quite comfortable with either.


3: What do you draw inspiration from?


People, books, movies, music.


4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?


I try to write every day, and I shoot for about five pages.


5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?


I love taking pictures, and I’ve had to learn a lot about Adobe Photoshop. I’ve also been fortunate to have friends help me with some of the covers because I don’t have any artistic talent.


6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?


I can’t imagine my life without words.


7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?


Yes, I have a Kindle. I love being able to download books and have so many novels at my fingertips.


8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?


My absolute favorite author is Peter S. Beagle. I also love Stephen Boyett, Rachel Vincent, and Nicolas Sparks. Currently I am reading three different novels: Pride by Rachel Vincent, Wings by Aprilynne Pike, and P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern.


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?


I do think book trailers work. I know I’ve bought at least a handful of books because of the trailers. I have also created book trailers, and I do believe that people have bought my books because of them.


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?


Currently, I’m working on two novels. The first is a sequel to my book October Breezes. It picks up years after the first novel when the main character, Devin, wants to try to have a relationship with his best friend, Skye. The other novel, Eternity Systems, is a science fiction thriller that deals with the idea of memory mapping as a way of the living being able to recreate the dead in a virtual world. The trouble is a serial killer is using the memory mapping as a way to create ‘souvenirs’ from his victims.

http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8&search-alias=digital-text&field-author=Maria%20Rachel%20Hooley

http://www.amazon.com/Maria-Rachel-Hooley/e/B002D68EQQ/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

No comments:

Post a Comment