Friday, May 21, 2010

Jacqueline Ciminelli Korda Interview

Interview with Jacqueline Ciminelli Korda




1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

In the evening. It's peaceful and there's nothing like sitting on the back porch with my notebook accompanied by the sounds of nocturnal animals.


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I begin writing with pen and paper before I type it onto the computer.


3: What do you draw inspiration from?

My inspiration comes from Nature, Old Gothic Romance novels, Movies (old and new), Friends, and Family. Ever since I was a child, I was a fan of horror moives. I've always loved vampire stories. The television show, Dark Shadows, inspired my vampire series Forbidden Passions.


4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

I try to write three to four chapters a day.


5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

My publisher assigns a cover artist to create the cover base on my suggestions.


6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

After reading A Darkness at Bromley Hall, when I was in seventh grade, I wanted to create stories with the same dark Gothic atmosphere.


7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

No.


8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I love the works of Edgar Allan Poe and Jackie Collins. I also like Janet Evanovich, Kim Harrison, Emily Dickinson, Raymond Buckland, Annette Blair, Madelyn Alt, Lurell K. Hamilton, Oscar Wilde, Charoltte Bronte, Bram Stoker, Yasmine Galenorn, and many more.Currently, I am reading Isis: Queen of Egyptain magic by Jonathan Dee.



9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I think book trailers make marketing a book more intriguing to readers. I have a book trailer for Forbidden Passions # 1 Devil's Kiss on my main web page www.jacquelineciminellikorda.com


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I am working on an erotic horror novel that is not apart of my vampires series.



http://www.jacquelineciminellikorda.com/

http://www.myspace.com/nephthys77

http://twitter.com/jckorda

http://www.facebook.com/jacquelineciminellikorda

No comments:

Post a Comment