Wednesday, May 19, 2010

L.C. Evans Interview

Interview with L.C. Evans Interview



1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?


Definitely mornings. I have custody of my grandson and once I get him off to school, my time is my own to write in an atmosphere of peace and quiet. I can’t stand interruptions while I’m writing, so if the boy is around, I can’t write. Besides, my energy level is always higher in the morning.


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I do everything on computer. I used to write in longhand and then type my output into the computer, but I hated sitting there for hours typing things I’d already written. It seemed so tedious and time consuming. But I did have to teach myself to write directly into the computer because at first I couldn’t get creative while I was concentrating on the keyboard.


3: What do you draw inspiration from?

I’m constantly getting new ideas for characters and stories from everyday life. Newspaper stories, things that happen to people I know, something that comes in the mail, and so forth. I never lack for something to write.


4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

Occasionally. For the most part I just sit and write and some days are really productive as far as word count and other days I might only get 200 words added to the count in the same amount of time, but meanwhile I’m reading over and improving what I wrote the day before.


5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I am not the least bit talented when it comes to things like cover art, so I hire someone to do my covers.


6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

It seems funny to call writing a “career,” since I think of careers as something you actually make a living at. That hasn’t happened for me, but I still have hopes of being discovered one day. I’ve always loved to write and eventually found that I couldn’t not write. Writing is the accomplishment of a dream for me.


7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

Kindle. I love it. I always sometimes read on my iTouch.


8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

Some of my favorite authors are Denton Welch, Charles Dickens, Nancy Mitford, Dick Francis, and Elizabeth George. Right now I’m reading What Came Before He Shot Her by Elizabeth George.


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I don’t go out of my way to watch them and I prefer that they be less than two minutes long and have nice music. I’m sort of planning a book trailer, but haven’t made up my mind. I won’t do it unless I can do my own because I don’t want to spend the money on something that I’m not sure will help my sales.


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

I’m working on the second book in my Leigh McRae horse mystery series and also revising a stand alone mystery about a murdered hitchhiker. The second book has been finished for a while, but I’m not happy with the ending, so I’m still tinkering with it.



http://www.amazon.com/L.-C.-Evans/e/B001K86DKM/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1274279092&sr=1-1


http://www.lcevans.com/LC_Evans/Home.html


No comments:

Post a Comment