Monday, May 17, 2010

William Woodall Interview

Interview with William Woodall



1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?


The most productive time of day for me tends to be during the afternoon. It’s quiet and gives me time to think and concentrate on what I’m doing. I tend to get distracted easily and I need that quiet time.


2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?


All my writing is done on the computer. I used to write with paper and pen, but I gave that up after I realized how much extra work it was. It’s much easier to type the story without having to redo everything later.


3: What do you draw inspiration from?


From my children, from other authors that I’ve read, and many other things. I pay attention to little things in everyday life and those are the things that inspire me.


4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?


In a loose kind of way I do. I know about how long I need for a book to be, so I try to stick to that, but I don’t worry if I’m off a bit. When it comes to other goals, I try to keep in mind what the purpose of the book is supposed to be and the theme I want to use.


5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?


I do my own cover art. One of the easiest ways to do it is to use Flickr and get some good photos to use. There are lots of good ones on there, and most of them are free.


6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?


Writing is something I’ve always wanted to do ever since I can remember.


7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?


Not at the moment. I’ve been thinking about buying one, but I haven’t yet.


8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?


J.R.R. Tolkien, of course, and also C.S. Lewis and George MacDonald. I’m reading a book by Max Lucado right now, who is one of my favorite inspirational writers.


9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?


I’ve never used book trailers and I’m not sure I want to. It seems to me that trailers work really well for movies, but I don’t think they’re nearly so good for books.


10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?


I’m working on a sequel to “Cry for the Moon”, which turned out to be much more popular than I expected it to be. I don’t normally write sequels, but I had so many requests for this one that I decided to do it. It's been a long and interesting project, but it's nearly finished now.


http://williamwoodall.org/default.aspx


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VEI68C?ie=UTF8&tag=kindleboards-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001VEI68C


http://www.amazon.com/Cry-for-the-Moon-ebook/dp/B001VEI1TG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1274148119&sr=1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment