Friday, May 14, 2010

Victorine Lieske Interview

Victorine Lieske Interview


1: What is the most productive time of the day for you to write?

Evenings are the most productive for me, after I get the kids in bed.

2: Do you start your projects writing with paper and pen or is it all on the computer?

I type everything on my computer. I've tried long hand, when I couldn't bring my laptop with me, and it didn't work very well for me. My brain moves faster than my handwriting!

3: What do you draw inspiration from?

I draw inspiration from everything around me. I always have had stories running around in my head, just waiting to get onto paper.

4: Do you set yourself goals when you sit down to write such as word count?

Yes, I do set goals. Usually I try to write 2,000 words in each sitting.

5: Being a self published author how do you come up with your cover art?

I actually have a degree in Art, and took graphic design classes in College, so I create my own cover art.

6: What drives you to chose the career of being a writer?

I've always wanted to write and finish a novel. When my back gave out and I couldn't move, I put my laptop on my stomach and typed away until I finished my first draft of Not What She Seems. Then I submitted it through a critique group online and learned so much about writing and polishing it up that it changed dramatically. (For the better!)

7: Do you own an ebook reading devise?

I read e-books through Kindle PC on my computer. (But getting a Kindle is high on my list.)

8: Who are some of your favorite authors and What are you reading now?

I like John Grisham and Mary Higgins Clark, among many others. Right now I'm finishing up Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark.

9: What do you think of book trailers and do you have any plans to have any?

I do like book trailers and I would love to make one. As soon as I learn how, I will mess around with it.

10: What are you working on now that you can talk about?

Right now I'm working on a book about a planet of people with telekinetic and other special abilities who get taken over by a technologically advanced race who takes away their abilities and erases their memories. But one of them falls in love with a member of the opposite race and things get tricky.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HS5LRO

http://www.facebook.com/vicki.lieske

No comments:

Post a Comment